You are said to be underweight when your BMI is less than 18.5. Although being underweight is not a health problem in itself, it is a sign of an undernourished body. You should take the help of Ayurveda to acquire normal weight.and also my methods of How to gain weight naturally at home ?
Causes of Being Underweight
- You may be lean due to genetic factors/body metabolism.
- Intake of less food. (Gain Weight the Healthy Way With These 11 Foods)
- Some medical conditions like hyperthyroidism, diabetes, tuberculosis or cancer also cause weakening of the body.
Home Remedies to Help You Gain Weight Naturally Gaining weight by natural means is certainly possible through common home remedies. You may try some of these:
- Bananas, strawberries, mango and nuts can be taken daily.
- Soak figs and raisins in water for a few hours and munch this 2-3 times a day.
- Muskmelon also helps in quick weight gain.
- Ensure to consume adequate amount of milk and milk products daily.
- Fresh pomegranate juice improves your appetite.
- Add 1-2 teaspoon of ghee in your meals daily.
- If you prefer non vegetarian food, you can take meat soup spiced with pepper daily.
- Increase your protein intake like scrambled egg, sprouted grams, soya, etc.