“Digitization has been happening in all sectors, and the health sector in particular stands to gain a lot from such initiatives. ayushman bharat health scheme For healthtech startups, the idea of initiating a national programme that will direct efforts in the area of artificial intelligence, machine learning including research and development of applications is very encouraging”
Key things to know about Scheme.
- Cover of Rs 5 lakh per family a year for secondary and tertiary care.
- No restriction on family size, age or gender.
- All members of eligible families as present in SECC (Socio-Economic Caste Census ) database are automatically covered.
- No money needs to be paid by the family for treatment in case of hospitalisation.
- All pre-existing conditions are covered from day one of the policy, this will include pre and post hospitalisation.
- Public or panel private hospitals across the country are under the over.
- Carry any prescribe ID to receive treatment at the hospital.
- This will be the world’s largest government funded health care programme.
- The government will also establish 1.5 lakh Health and Wellness Centres under the Ayushman Bharat health scheme program.
- To control costs, the payments for treatment will be done on package rate (to be defined by the Government in advance) basis.
- One of the core principles of Ayushman Bharat – National Health Protection Mission is to co-operative federalism and flexibility to states.
- States would need to have State Health Agency (SHA) to implement the scheme.
ELIGIBILTY CRiteria :
- The eligibility for the scheme is as per the loss criteria under the Socio-Economic Caste Census database. The deprivation categories for rural areas are D1, D2, D3, D4, D5 and D7. For urban areas, the entitlement depends upon commercial criteria.
- Eligibility can be checked by calling the helpline number 14555.
- As a first step, you need to verify your number mobile via an OTP. After this, you must select your State.
- Post this, you may check for eligibility by entering either of name, mobile number, ration card number, or Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojna URN number.
How can I avail of the scheme?
- To avail the scheme, approach an panel hospital. ‘Arogya Mitras’ will assist in admitting you.
- After this, a software based verification will be carried out to ensure that the patient is on the beneficiary list. The patient’s identity will be cross-checked using identification such as the Aadhaar card.
- The hospital selects an appropriate package and checks the balance. It provides any supporting evidence required for the treatment to the relevant authority. The treatment begins .
- The process is streamlined for the customer, with no cash payment expected from them.
- During , plans such as Aegon Life’s iTerm Plus are helping provide comprehensive and cost-effective coverage to users by combining the benefits of a term plan and health insurance. Its Life & Health Plus option offers cover against 36 critical illnesses and death benefits under one umbrella at only Rs. 932 per month.
For more infomation visit : www.abnhpm.gov.in